Friday, May 29, 2009

Matty at Eighteen Months

After missing Matty for almost a year, I finally went to Florida for a visit. Lori was the perfect hostess and gave me unlimited time with Matty and Abby!!! How will I ever thank her?




Lori and I took Abby and Matty to the park as an excursion for all of us and Matty had a ball exploring all the equipment. He was particularly interested in the Fire Engine with its steering wheel and windows but enjoyed the slides also as mommy first went down with him and then let him brave them on his own - he is all boy!















Grandpa stays close.





















There's nothing like a good swing with your son to create a special moment.










After all that exercise mother and son enjoy a quiet moment. For me there is something very special about walking hand-in-hand with your child.








Matty likes the new rocker in the living room. It isn't the easiest thing for him to crawl into but he always seems to manage.

BELOW:

Matty's whole world changed when Abby was born but he is quickly adapting to being a big brother (he doesn't yet know this will be a lifetime role for him!!!). He is very good with her and here he has a few quiet moments with his sister.
























Mom and baby enjoy a short nap. I was reminded of how much work an 18 month old and a newborn can be. Hopefully I was able to give Lori extra rest for the few days I was there. Thankfully Bonnie and Glenn are close enough to be a sustaining help.









I decided it was time for me to build something for my grandson and finally settled on a wooden airplane. James assisted by providing some of the material and Becky did her part with the paint. Here is the finished product. Hopefully I succeeded in making it pretty much 'boy-proof'.









One of the projects Dave and I wanted to complete was to prepare their house for the upcoming hurricane season. Here we have completed installing the 'hangers' for the storm shutters so Dave can put them up without assistance in a fairly short time. Now we will just pray they do not need them!!!




Below Matty and mom go down the slide and Matty kicks the tires.





No comments: