Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Missey in Oregon

One last photo of Crater Lake before going on to other things. This was one of my favorites of the lake itself. Clouds were very good.








In addition to our day trip to Crater Lake we rented a house on the coast for a week so Missey could enjoy its beauty (oh yes, Becky and I got to share that with her!).


Missey likes those 'up close' photos so she took this one as we drove toward the coast.



Just to show her I could take those 'up close' shots also, I took this one. Fortunately I have better subjects for my photos so I can't take all the credit for this being such a better one than hers!





When we arrived at Coos Bay, where we were staying, this is the view out the back. Some of you will recognize this view from my Facebook entries. The lighthouse belongs to an Indian tribe from the area and is not accessible at present.



Walking out to the edge of the cliff in the back yard I took this shot of the house we had rented.



And this is what it looked like from the house looking out. Don't those chairs just beg to be used?





To remind us that we were on the Oregon coast, we had a day of fog. Really not a serious fog but enough to obscure the view. Made for some different photos though.






Down the beach we found plenty to look at. In the fog they looked surreal. The noise they made added to the whole scene but I did not do any video so you can't share in the racket.









This fellow seemed to be saying he was king of the hill.





The fog cleared and this was the result. Has to be the most beautiful coast we have encountered!




Missey took this one of the German restaurant. Not sure if you can read the sign unless you blow it up a bit.













1 comment:

Mrs. Jennings said...

This trip with you and Mom was amazing. Oregon is even more beautiful than I was able to imagine. I'm so happy that I was able to share this experience with the two of you.