Monday, August 20, 2007

Farewell to Riseland

20 August 2007 - Well it is finally time to leave Riseland Farm and head north to NC and then on to Virginia. We have enjoyed our time here at Riseland with the llamas but we are ready to move on. I think we must still have itchy feet as we are always ready to move on by or before our scheduled time. Not sure what that says about us but for sure it says we are not ready to spend too much time in one place! I will miss the llamas, especially the ones who almost adopt you. In particular Princess, Elvira, little Gem, Windy, Stryker and in her own way AJ. I will not miss the two goats or 'field day' on Thursdays. I will miss Frank and his VW's and our occasional beer in the evening. I will not miss Sam's 'Now this is a negative'. I will miss the 'Big Dogs' (Great Pyrenees) and their friendly faces and greeting in the evening. I will miss Ellijay First Baptist Church and Dr. David's sermons. What a find when we happened to go there while looking for a local church!! Perhaps the best sermons we have ever heard week in and week out (sorry Tony, no offense and I still love you best). The photos are of Big Dogs, little Gem (his personality matches his looks) and a morning sunrise at Riseland. More photos on next entry.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: