Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Old Man of Ellijay

21 August 2007 - I freqently went by the library in Ellijay to check out their used books on sale ($0.25 for hardback and $0.10 for paperbacks) to replinish my library. On one such visit I found this old man sitting in the sun with his bicycle leaning against the wall. Both he and the bicycle were so interesting I had to go get my camera and take a few shots. Becky noted as I left the truck with the camera that he might object to having his photo taken so be sensitive. I too a few photos of the patio and flowers when I got back and spoke to him, asking how long he had been riding the bicycle (his response was how long had I been riding mine!!), asked if he minded my taking a photo of the bicycle (no, he didn't) and he asked me if I would take a photo of him and let him see it!! Thanks to digital cameras that was easy to comply with. We later discovered everyone in the area knew him but it was a great moment for me anyway. Note the handlebars and all the 'extras' on the bike.


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: