Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Drive Abouts

16 October 2007 - These are more scenes we shot as we wandered around northern Georgia. The barn was one we discovered not too far from Ellijay and I am using a sepia effect to see how it changes the appearance. What do you think? The sign was quite a surprise to me as I never thought of DeSoto coming to northern Georgia (in this case actually across the border in Murphy, North Carolina). The two graveyard photos are also from Murphy - we were told by one of the locals that Abe Lincoln's birth father was buried in the cemetary so I took photos of same. Upon checking the story on the internet, it seems this is one of several fables regarding Honest Abe. His birth father is unknown but it appears that this particular man can be ruled out due to time and distance constraints. I will take their word for it but it did make an interesting little story!!



 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: