Friday, November 09, 2007

Goodbye to Virginia

9 Nov 2007 - Before starting a new adventure in Florida (besides Matthew, of course) I need to cleanup my files holding photos from Virginia. Don't worry, I will get right back to the latest of Matthew but if I don't get these posted they will hopelessly confuse me as I attempt to stay organized with photos I wish to share. So, with that apology, I give you ---- Virginia.

For those of you who think you need a big truck in order to tow your dream fifth wheel trailer I give you this option.


This is almost the last bear we saw in our campground. He is digging in the rocks looking for 'protein'.



These are some of my shots attempting to capture the fall colors in the park. We were scheduled to leave before the really good colors came but as you can see, we did not miss them all.


 
Becky and I made a quick run down to see Aunt Alice and had the opportunity to practice our 'grandparent' skills with Aunt Alice's Great Grandson. How cute is he?
 
On the way back to the park, we stopped at this orchard to buy a 'few' apples. Well to them 1/4 bushel IS a few.
 
On one of our outings, we drove down to Big Meadows Campground to see how the 'big boys' lived and visited the visitor center. This statue of one of the CCC workers who did much of the original work on the park caught my eye.
 
This is the view of Big Meadows from the Visitors Center. Easy to see how it got its name.
 
Leaving Virginia we made the trip to Florida via North Carolina and Georgia. On the way we made one of our usual stops for lunch and 'mingled' with the big boys. We're the one in the middle-duh.
 

No comments: